ADMINISTRATION & FINANCE DEPARTMENT
The Administration and Finance (A & F) Department was established in 1992, when the manpower and administrative/finance functions in SPF were re-organised. A & F Department comprises two Divisions, namely Administration Division and Finance Division. Together, the A & F Department provides directions in all matters concerning administrative and financial matters in the Force, and work closely with Vital.org in the management and provision of transactional financial functions.
The mission of the Administration and Finance Department is to provide timely and effective administrative, finance and procurement services.
We are a model department in the continual pursuit of delivering value-based administrative and finance services.
Our Shared Values
- Curiosity: To create and add value, all of us need to be curious, innovative and creative. The desire to understand the underlying principles of existing procedures and processes will enable knowledge building, and value creations.
- Harmony: We are a harmonious family, able to tolerate differences, and see diversity as learning opportunities. Our relationship is built on sincerity, openness, mutual respect and trust. We work in synergy and share our knowledge of successes and failures.
- Integrity: We are guided by our ethical principles and will not compromise internal controls for expediency. This is the hallmark of our department’s identity.
- Respect: We value and respect our people and the organisation we serve. We respect ideas, culture, knowledge, talents, and authority.
- Passion: We are passionate and committed in our work, as well as our dealings with customers and partners. We see value in our jobs and contributions. We are interested in our work and will strive to serve our customer better.
Our Quality Policy Statement:
“We shall strive for continual improvement in our business and constantly seek excellence in our products and services that surpasses our customers' expectations.”
As part of our department’s conscientious pursuit of providing excellent quality services, A & F Department’s relentless efforts duly gained recognition. The A & F Department was proud to attain certification to the ISO 9001:2008 standard on 29 October 2010 . We had previously attained certification to the ISO 9001:2000 standard in 2008 and 2004. In fact, A & F Department is one of the first finance departments within the Home Team to obtain this achievement. This feat is a testimony to our department’s commitment and diligence to realize our vision, and a fulfillment of our promise to deliver excellent quality of administrative and financial services to our customers.
Roles and Functions
The Administrative Division has two sections under its purview. They are:
- Records Management
- Office Management
Procurement and Contract Management Division
The Procurement and Contract Management Division (PCMD) oversees procurement, supplier and contract, and supplier partnership and essential firm management.
Budget and Revenue Division
The Budget and Revenue Division is responsible for matters pertaining to resource accounting and budgetary management. It consists of 3 sections, namely:
- Fixed Assets and Resource Accounting.
Financial Services Division
The Financial Services Division comprises 4 sections. It is responsible for the payment of salaries and allowances, as well as retirement and post-retirement benefits, and compensation to officers. They are:
- Accounts Payable
- PNS Payments
- Retirement Benefits
Internal Audit Division
This division is responsible for conducting internal checks on the existing financial system, and to promote the significance of audit compliance and accountability.
Strategic Planning and Training Division
This division oversees the department’s work plans, manages manpower resources and administration, and also oversees the Financial Training School.
Last Updated on 21 April 2016