- Donation Draw and Lucky Draw
- Airport Security
- Infrastructure Protection
What are Special Developments / Special Infrastructures?
Special Developments / Special Infrastructures are buildings designated by the Minister for Home Affairs under the Infrastructure Protection Act. These buildings will need to comply with the Act.
What will be designated as Special Developments / Special Infrastructures?
What is Security-by-Design?
Security-by-Design is a process to ensure that security measures are incorporated when a building is designed, based on an assessment of the security risks to the building. It is overseen by the Commissioner (Infrastructure Protection), and takes place in tandem with the building development.
Who is the Responsible Person? What are the duties of the Responsible Person?
In general, the Responsible Person is the legal owner / occupier of the Special Development / Special Infrastructure. Some of the duties of the Responsible Person include:
- Ensuring specified works commence only with Commissioner (Infrastructure Protection)’s approval of the security plan
- Seeking Commissioner's approval for the Competent Person(s) preparing the security plan
Who is the Competent Person? What are the duties of the Competent Person?
In general, the Competent Person is the security / blast consultant preparing the security plan and the certificate of works completion. These may be in-house or commercial consultants.
Applicants for Competent Person (Security) and Competent Person (Blast) will be subjected to security screening and must fulfil the following general competence requirement:
- Relevant experience (in recent 3 years) in the preparation of Security Plans under the MHA Security-By-Design review process; or
- Relevant subject matter expertise and knowledge, with accredited referee reports or internationally published professional work [depends on nature of project].
Is there a list of security / blast consultant who meet the general competence requirement that I can refer to?
Please refer to this list (PDF 642KB). Responsible Persons will need to decide on the suitability of the consultants for the works that are to be carried out for your Special Development / Special Infrastructure.
Security / blast consultants who meet the competence requirement but are not found in the list may write in to SPF_CPS@spf.gov.sg.
Any reference materials?
Please refer to the guide for Responsible Persons below for more information.
- Guide for Responsible Person (PDF 510KB)
- Guide for Responsible Person Annex ADec2018 (PDF 402KB)
- Guide for Responsible Person Annex BDec2018 (PDF 381KB)
- Guide for Responsible Person Annex CDec2018(PDF 379KB)
- Guide for Responsible Person Annex DDec2018 (PDF 355KB)
- Guide for Responsible Person Annex EDec2018 (PDF 467KB)
Special Developments / Special Infrastructures Forms
All information and application forms can be found in the table below.
|Special Developments / Special Infrastructures||Attachments|
|Approval for Competent Person||Application Form for Approval for Competent Person. (PDF 81KB)|
|Approval for security plans||Application Form for Approval for Security Plans. (PDF 209KB)|
|Approval for Certificate of Works Completion||Application for Approval for Certificate of Works Completion. (PDF 208KB)|
|Change in Responsible Person||Forms to Change Ownership of SDSI. (PDF 293KB)|
|Cessation of Special Development / Special Infrastructure||Please write in to CPS at SPF_CPS_IPA@spf.gov.sg to apply for the cessation.|