House-To-House And Streets Collection



With effect from 10 December 2018, all e-services will be migrated to Licence1 (Whole of Government Business Licensing Portal). Please submit all applications at


With the migration to Licence1, corporate entities are required to use their CorpPass to login to the website for any transactions with government agencies. If you do not have an existing account with CorpPass, please apply for one at  Individual applicants may continue to use SingPass for their transactions with government agencies.


For enquires regarding Licence1, public may contact Licence1 Helpdesk at hotline: 6774 1430 (during office hours) or email your enquiry at .

The HHSC Act does not apply to collections made using unmanned collection boxes.

Therefore, no licence is required under section 4 of the HHSC Act, if there is no person using any face-to-face means to actively reach out to any other person to encourage donations at such boxes.

For the avoidance of doubt, please note that nothing in this website or in any correspondence with SPF shall be construed as limiting or restriction SPF's ability to administer the HHSC Act or any other law, or exempting you from the provisions under any other laws.

You may wish to seek independent legal advice, if you have any doubts.


  1. Under the House to House And Street Collections Act , a HHSC licence is required if one promotes a collection by way of appealing to the public, made by means of visits from house to house or of soliciting in streets or other places or by both such means, for money or other property. The House to House And Street Collections Act is available here.
  2. HHSC application needs to be accompanied with an additional map with clear demarcation on points / areas of collection


  1. The following types of collections do not require a licence:
    1. a private collection that is confined to friends or relatives; or making an appeal through the telephone or the media such as the internet and newspapers; or sending out appeal letters by post.
    2. a collection that is carried out by a full or associate member of the National Council of Social Service (NCSS) or the Community Chest. However, a written approval from the Chief Executive Officer of the NCSS has to be obtained before the collection (website address at For more details on the exemption, click here.


  1. Under Section 3(2) of the House to House and Street Collections Act, any person who promotes such a collection without a valid licence shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $5,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or to both. If in doubt, members of public may: -
    1. Verify the authenticity of a collection by requesting for the Collector's Certificate of Authority (CCA) from the person who is soliciting or appealing for donations in kind or cash. The CCA is issued by the promoter of the collection;
    2. Check the list of fund raising events through the list of fund raising events approved by the Police and NCSS  or
    3. Check the validity of the licence of a fund-raising activity through the following: -
    4. a) The SMS verification service whereby a SMS query can be sent to 79777 using the following format "FR<space><license/certificate number or organisation name>". The facility will send back a SMS reply indicating whether the organisation has a valid license or certificate;

      b) Perform a fund-raising permit search online via Charity Portal (, NCSS website (, or download a list of fund-raising events approved by the Police Licensing and Regulatory Department on the SPF Website (

  1. Members of public can call the Police at '999' for immediate assistance if they have ascertained a collection to be illegitimate

Last Updated on 29 August 2019