The Police have arrested three men and a woman aged between 15 and 17, for their suspected involvement in three cases of theft of motorcycles with common intention.
On 13 September 2020, the Police received three reports from victims informing that their motorcycles which were parked in the vicinity of Lengkok Bahru and Teban Gardens were missing.
Through ground enquiries and with the aid of images from police cameras, officers from Clementi Police Division established the identities of the suspects and arrested them swiftly within 24 hours.
Investigations against the four suspects are ongoing. Anyone convicted for theft of a motor vehicle with common intention under Section 379A read with Section 34 of the Penal Code is liable for imprisonment term which may extend to 7 years, and a fine.
The Police would like to advise all motorcycle owners to adopt the following crime prevention measures:
- Park your motorcycle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm for your motorcycle;
- Use a motorcycle canvas to cover the motorcycle and secure both ends;
- Use additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or install a suspension guard;
- Remove the ignition key and lock the motorcycle, whenever it is left unattended; and
- Do not leave spare keys inside the motorcycle storage box.
SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
14 September 2020 @ 9:05 PM