The Police have arrested a 36-year-old man for his suspected involvement in a case of theft of motor vehicle.
On 30 August 2023, the Police were alerted to a case of a motor vehicle being stolen from a carpark along Sengkang West Avenue. Through follow-up investigations and with the aid of images from Police cameras, officers from Ang Mo Kio Police Division established the identity of the man and arrested him on 31 August 2023. The stolen motorcycle was subsequently recovered. The man is also believed to be involved in other similar cases of theft in the vicinity.
The man will be charged in court on 2 September 2023 with theft of a motor vehicle under Section 379A of the Penal Code 1871. The offence carries an imprisonment term of up to seven years, and a fine.
The Police would like to advise all motorcycle owners to adopt the following crime prevention measures:
- Park your motorcycle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm for your motorcycle;
- Use a motorcycle canvas to cover the motorcycle, securing both ends;
- Use additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or install a suspension guard;
- Remove the ignition key and lock the motorcycle, whenever it is left unattended; and
- Do not leave spare keys inside the motorcycle storage box.
SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
01 September 2023 @ 10:05 AM