The Police have arrested three teenagers, aged 17 years old, for their suspected involvement in a case of theft of motorcycle.
On 15 September 2023, the Police were alerted to a case of a motorcycle being stolen from a carpark along Pasir Ris Street 12. Through follow-up investigations and with the aid of images from Police cameras and closed-circuit television (CCTV), officers from Bedok Police Division established the identity of the three teenagers and arrested them on the same day. The stolen motorcycle and helmet were also recovered.
One of the three teenagers will be charged in court on 18 September 2023 with theft of a motor vehicle under Section 379A of the Penal Code 1871. The offence carries an imprisonment term of up to seven years and a fine. Police investigations against the two other teenagers are ongoing.
The Police would like to advise all motorcycle owners to adopt the following crime prevention measures:
- Park your motorcycle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm for your motorcycle;
- Use a motorcycle canvas to cover the motorcycle, securing both ends;
- Use additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or install a suspension guard;
- Remove the ignition key and lock the motorcycle, whenever it is left unattended; and
- Do not leave spare keys inside the motorcycle storage box.
SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
17 September 2023 @ 1:00 PM