Skip to main
Toggle notifications



    1800 255 0000
  • I-Witness

Criteria for lodging a traffic accident report

A traffic accident report must be lodged when the accident involves one or more of the following:

  • Fatality;
  • Injuries where:
    • At least 1 person involved in the accident was taken to the hospital from the accident scene by an ambulance; or
    • Any party involved in the accident was injured and obtained outpatient medical leave for 3 days or more.
  • Damage to government property;
  • Foreign vehicle;
  • Pedestrian or cyclist; or
  • Hit-and-run.

A traffic accident report is not required if the accident does not involve any of the above. For such accidents, parties involved are required to exchange particulars and report the matter to their respective insurance company, in accordance with the Motor Claims Framework. To find out more, please visit the General Insurance Association of Singapore website.

Who should lodge a traffic accident report?

Parties who were involved in or had witnessed the traffic accident.

How to lodge a traffic accident report?

A traffic accident report can be lodged online via the SPF e-services website under the ‘Traffic Accident Report’ section. You will require a SingPass account and email address for this mode of lodging.

Alternatively, you may lodge a traffic accident report at any of the police stations. Please expect a longer waiting time during peak periods.

What information is required when lodging a traffic accident report?

  • Date, time and location of accident
  • Particulars1 of involved parties including, name and NRIC/Passport Number (local/foreign)
  • Particulars of witnesses (if any)
  • Damage to and position of vehicle(s) involved in the accident
  • Registration number and description of other vehicle(s)
  • Brief description of how the accident happened.
  • Scanned documents (for reports lodged online), e.g. sketch plan.

1 If the involved party is driving a foreign vehicle, please include the following information:

     ·        Foreign address

     ·        Local residential and company address (if available)

     ·        Local/Foreign contact number and email address

Driving licence information (only necessary for foreign motorists without a Singapore Driving Licence), including the driving licence classes which one is qualified to drive, the licence number and the expiry date of the driving licence

If you wish to lodge a report on a traffic offence that you have witnessed, you may do so by visiting our E-Services page for ‘Feedback on Road Users’.

Please ensure that:

  • You have witnessed the traffic offence;
  • You are willing to testify in court for the reported violation; and
  • You are able to furnish corroborative evidence (such as videos or images) or an independent eyewitness.

You will also need:

  • A SingPass account;
  • Valid email address; and
  • Registration number(s) of vehicle(s) involved.

Hover to toggle social media icons SHARE
Hover to toggle social media icons SHARE