The Police have arrested a 27-year-old man for his suspected involvement in a case of theft of motorcycle.
On 7 January 2021 at about 10pm, the Police received a report from a victim informing that his motorcycle was stolen from the driveway in front of a residential block along Jurong West Street 61.
Through ground enquiries and with the aid of images from CCTV and police cameras, officers from Jurong Police Division established the identity of the man and arrested him on 9 January 2021. The victim’s motorcycle was recovered.
The man will be charged in court on 11 January 2021 with theft of a motor vehicle under Section 379A of the Penal Code, Chapter 224. The offence carries a jail term of up to seven years, and a fine.
The Police would like to advise all motorcycle owners to adopt the following crime prevention measures:
- Park your motorcycle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm on your motorcycle;
- Use a motorcycle canvas to cover the motorcycle and secure both ends;
- Use additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or install a suspension guard;
- Remove the ignition key and lock the motorcycle, whenever it is left unattended; and
- Do not leave spare keys inside the motorcycle storage box.
SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
10 January 2021 @ 10:40 PM