The Police have arrested two male teenagers, aged 17 and 20, for their suspected involvement in three cases of theft of motor vehicle.
Between 8 and 10 January 2021, the Police have received three reports of stolen vehicles that occurred in Woodlands and Yishun. Through ground enquiries and with the aid of images from police cameras, officers from Woodlands Police Division established the identities of the duo and arrested them on 12 January 2021. All three vehicles were also recovered.
The duo will be charged in court on 14 January 2021 with theft of motor vehicle with common intention under Section 379A read with Section 34 of the Penal Code, Chapter 224. The offence carries an imprisonment term of up to 7 years, and a fine.
The Police would like to advise all motor vehicle owners to adopt the following crime prevention measures:
- Park the vehicle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm system and ensure it is well-maintained;
- Remove cash cards and other valuables, such as laptops and mobile phones before leaving the vehicle;
- Lock all vehicle doors and wind up all windows when leaving the vehicle, even if it is for a short while and
- Remove the ignition key and lock the vehicle, whenever it is left unattended.
SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
13 January 2021 @ 10:50 PM