The Police have arrested a 22-year-old man for his suspected involvement in a case of theft of motorcycle.
On 6 September 2021 at about 6.22pm, the Police received a report that a motorcycle parked along Hougang Avenue 1 was stolen.
Through ground enquiries and with the aid of images from Police cameras, officers from Ang Mo Kio Police Division established the identity of the man and arrested him on 14 September 2021. The motorcycle was also recovered.
The man will be charged in court on 15 September 2021 with theft of motor vehicle under Section 379A of the Penal Code. The offence carries an imprisonment term of up to seven years and a fine.
The Police would like to advise all motorcycle owners to adopt the following crime prevention measures:
- Park your motorcycle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm for your motorcycle;
- Use a motorcycle canvas to cover the motorcycle, securing both ends;
- Use additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or install a suspension guard;
- Remove the ignition key and lock the motorcycle, whenever it is left unattended ; and
- Do not leave spare keys inside the motorcycle box.
SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
14 September 2021 @ 4:40 PM