The Police have arrested three teenagers, aged between 16 to 18, for their suspected involvement in a case of theft of motor vehicle.
On 21 May 2023 at about 4.30am, the Police received a report of a motorcycle stolen from a multi-storey carpark along Marsiling Drive.
Through ground enquiries and with the aid of images from Police cameras, officers from Woodlands Police Division established the identity of the trio and arrested them between 21 and 22 May 2023 along Woodlands Street 13. The stolen motorcycle was also recovered.
Two of the teenagers, aged 17 and 18, will be charged in court on 23 May 2023 with theft of a motor vehicle with common intention under Section 379A read with Section 34 of the Penal Code 1871.
The offence carries an imprisonment term of up to seven years a fine.
Investigations against the other 16-year-old teenager are ongoing.
The Police would like to advise all motor vehicle owners to adopt the following crime prevention measures:
- Park in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm system for your motor vehicle and ensure it is well-maintained;
- Remove cash cards and other valuables, such as laptops and mobile phones before leaving the vehicle. Use additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or install a suspension guard;
- Do not leave spare keys inside the motorcycle storage box;
- Use a motorcycle canvas to cover the motorcycle, securing both ends; and
- Remove the ignition key and lock the motorcycle, whenever it is left unattended.
SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
22 May 2023 @ 10:19 PM