The Police have arrested a 46-year-old man for his suspected involvement in a case of theft of motor vehicle.
On 28 August 2023 at 5.25pm, the Police were alerted to a case of car being stolen from the carpark along Woodlands Road. The car key was allegedly left unattended in the vehicle.
Through follow-up investigations, officers from Woodlands Police Division established the identity of the man and arrested him 29 August 2023. The stolen car was also recovered.
The man will be charged in court on 31 August 2023 with theft of a motor vehicle under Section 379A of the Penal Code 1871. The offence carries an imprisonment term of up to seven years and a fine.
The Police would like to advise all motor vehicle owners to adopt the following crime prevention measures:
- Park your vehicle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm system for your vehicle and ensure it is well-maintained;
- Remove cash cards and other valuables, such as laptops and mobile phones before leaving the vehicle;
- Lock all vehicle doors and wind up all windows when leaving the vehicle, even if it is for a short while and;
- Remove the ignition key and lock the vehicle whenever it is left unattended.
SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
30 August 2023 @ 7:30 PM