Skip to main



    1800 255 0000
  • I-Witness

Licence Revocation Actions Against Outlets that Repeatedly Flout Egregious COVID-19 Restrictions

All licensees holding public entertainment (PE) and liquor licences must fully comply with the requirements under the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020 and the Workplace Safety and Health (COVID-19 Safe Workplace) Regulations 2021 (WSH Regulations 2021).  Operators who do not do so may face a fine not exceeding $10,000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months, or both, for the first offence.  Higher penalties of a fine of not exceeding $20,000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months, or both, will apply for subsequent offences.

2. All licensees are reminded that all requirements under the Public Entertainments Act and Liquor Control (Supply & Consumption) Act, the rules and regulations made thereunder, and all licensing conditions imposed, must also be strictly complied with at all times.

3. In addition, any non-compliance with the relevant laws, including the said public health laws, may also result in further regulatory action, including but not limited to prosecution and revocation/non-renewal of the PE and liquor licences.  Between June 2021 to date, Police had already revoked 9 PE licences and 17 liquor licences of operators who had repeatedly breached egregious safe management measures under the public health laws; please refer to Annex A for the details of the past Police news releases. 

Annex A – Past Police News Releases On Licence Revocation of Errant Outlets That Flouted Egregious Safe Measurement Measures Repeatedly

Dear Customers,

Since 1 August 2021, all over-the-counter services at the Police Licensing & Regulatory Department at the Police Cantonment Complex (391 New Bridge Road), would be only through pre-approved appointments (including making payments at the counter).

2. To make an appointment, please use the following link at or the below QR code:

3. We will attend to cases of persons who turn up without an appointment on a case by case basis, only if they have a valid reason(s).

4. For all other enquiries, please use our online services at or email us at

5. Thank you. 

A liquor licence is required if your company/business/society intends to supply1 any liquor2, unless otherwise exempted under the Liquor Control (Supply and Consumption) Act 2015.

[1] Under the Liquor Control (Supply and Consumption) Act 2015, “supply” in relation to liquor, means — (a) to sell, barter or exchange the liquor (whether the reward or consideration is received or to be received by the supplier specifically for the liquor or as part of services or other goods sold, bartered or exchanged); (b) to offer or agree to so sell, barter or exchange the liquor; or (c) to serve, send, forward or deliver the liquor in connection with such sale, barter or exchange, and includes causing or permitting to be supplied.

[2] Liquor means (a) a beverage containing more than 0.5% ethanol by mass or volume; (b) a mixture of ethanol and some other substance or liquid (including water) and containing more than 0.5% ethanol by mass or volume; or (c) any other substance (whether or not a beverage or liquid) that is prescribed by the regulations as liquor.

Anyone found supplying liquor without a valid liquor licence shall be liable on conviction:

  • to a fine up to $20,000; and
  • where the person is a repeat offender, to a fine up to $20,000 or to imprisonment for a term up to 3 months or both.

Types of Liquor Licence and Fees

Liquor Licence Category and Fees

Category of Licence

Trading hours


Fees (Non-Refundable)

Class 1A

Supply of liquor (all types, including beer) for consumption at the licensed premises stated in the liquor licence
0600hrs to 2359hrs One Year  $880

Class 1B

Supply of liquor (all types, including beer) for consumption at the licensed premises stated in the liquor licence
0600hrs to 2200hrs One Year  $660

Class 2A

Supply of beer only for consumption at the licensed premises stated in the liquor licence
0600 to 2359hrs One Year  $460

Class 2B

Supply of beer only for consumption at licensed premises stated in the liquor licence
Trading hours as indicated on licence One Year  $285

Class 3A

Supply by retail* of liquor for consumption at premises other than the licensed premises stated in the liquor licence; typically for deliveries/takeaways
0700hrs to 2230hrs One Year  $110

Class 3B

Supply by retail* of beer only for consumption at premises other than the licensed premises stated in the liquor licence; typically for deliveries/takeaways
0700hrs to 2230hrs One Year  $110

Class 4

Supply by wholesale* of liquor for consumption at premises other than the licensed premises stated in the liquor licence
0700hrs to 2230hrs One Year  $110

Class 5

Temporary licence where licence is required for a short period of time, such as once-off events and exhibitions
Specified time period of not more than 30 consecutive days

Number of Days




2 to 7




9 to 14




16 to 21




23 to 28






*As defined in the Liquor Control (Supply and Consumption)(Liquor Licensing) Regulations 2015;

(a) a supply is by retail if the supply is for less than 30 litres of liquor (whether of a single type or a combination of 2 or more types); and

(b) a supply is by wholesale if the supply is —

(i) to a licensee of any quantity of liquor (whether of a single type or a combination of 2 or more types); or

(ii) without prejudice to sub-paragraph (i), to any person of 30 litres or more of liquor (whether of a single type or a combination of 2 or more types).

Exemptions from a Liquor Licence

Stipulated Under Section 4(2) of Liquor Control (Supply and Consumption) Act 2015

A liquor licence is not required for the following circumstances:

  • delivery only to a person, at the request of the person, of liquor that is owned by, or ordered under a contract of purchase by, the person
  • in an emergency where the liquor is necessary to preserve life or prevent injury or further injury
  • in the course of a religious service, ceremony or rite lawfully conducted by a priest or minister of religion in a place of worship
  • any other circumstances as the Minister may, by order published in the Gazette, specify

Stipulated Under Liquor Control (Supply and Consumption) (Exemption from Liquor Licence) Order 2015

Information on exemptions from liquor licence can be found here

Criteria for Grant of Licence

To be eligible for a liquor licence, the following criteria must be met:

  1. the applicant fulfils the legal requirements to be granted a liquor licence*;
  2. the premises at which the liquor is to be supplied is in a location that is suitable for that supply.

*For more information, you may click on the link: “Guidelines on the criteria and requirements for a person to be fit and proper to hold a liquor licence."

Extension of Trading Hours

No licensed premises shall remain open beyond the trading hours stated in the licence, unless it is to be used for any purpose other than the supply of liquor. Under Section 6 (4) of the Liquor Control (Supply and Consumption Act 2015, offenders who supply of liquor after the stipulated trading hours shall be liable on conviction to a fine up to $10,000.

There are 2 types of extension hours: Regular and Ad-hoc.


Applicable if you possess any of the following valid licence

Fees (Non-Refundable)

Regular Extension

  • For regular basis, such as every Saturday and Sunday for a minimum period of 2 months or all eve of public holidays within the given period.
  • Class 1
  • Class 2
  • For duration of less than 3 months, $22/- per hour
  • For duration of 3 months or more, $4/- per hour

Ad-hoc Extension

  • For a specific date basis, such as 1 Jan 2015; or
  • Supply of liquor (only for Class 5 licence)
  • Class 1
  • Class 2
  • Temporary Class 1 LL
  • Temporary Class 2 LL only
  • Class 5*
  • $22/- per hour

*You may apply for a Class 5 licence and extension hours at the same time.

Granting of Extended Liquor Trading Hours for Restaurant and Restaurant-hybrid Uses

With effect from 1 July 2019, Police will not grant extended liquor trading hours for all premises with Urban Redevelopment Authority’s (URA) planning approval for “restaurant”, with the exception of premises with planning approval for restaurant-hybrid uses* such as “restaurant and bar”.

*This is subjected to further URA restrictions. Accordingly, restaurant-hybrid uses such as “restaurant and bar” in the following area designated by URA will not be granted extended liquor trading hours. please refer to the map below;

Outdoor Refreshment Area

The Outdoor Refreshment Area (ORA) is to strictly adhere to the licensed timing or the authorised timing for use of the ORA, whichever is earlier. Example, liquor licence is stated from 0600hrs to 2359hrs while usage of ORA is allowed till 2300hrs. Then the supply and consumption of liquor at the ORA is permitted till 2300hrs.

Information on Delivery of Liquor to Non-Public Places (Including By Online Liquor Businesses)

With effect from 1 August 2017, Class 3A, 3B or 4 Liquor Licence Holders will be able to deliver liquor beyond the trading hours specified in the liquor licence if the delivery is made to a non-public place in Singapore. More information and FAQ can be found here.

Liquor Licensing Conditions

The liquor licensing conditions can be found here.

Liquor Control Zone


Liquor Control Zones are defined as areas in Singapore that carries a significant risk of public disorder associated with the consumption of liquor.

Liquor Control Zone Areas

With effect from 1 April 2015, the following two areas are declared to be Liquor Control Zones under section 15(1) of the Liquor Control (Supply and Consumption) Act 2015.

Geylang area as described in Part 1 of the Schedule

Little India area as described in Part 2 of the Schedule.

For a more detailed information of boundaries within the liquor control zone, please click here.

Trading Hours in Liquor Control Zone

Trading hours in Liquor Control Zone for licensed premises holding Class 3A, Class 3B or Class 4 Liquor licence are


Daily trading hours

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday

7.00am to 10.30pm

Any Saturday or Sunday

7.00am to 7.00pm

Any eve of Public Holiday

7.00am to 7.00pm

Any Public Holiday



Police Permit for Consumption of Liquor in Public

Information on police permit for consumption of liquor in public can be found here.

To submit an application for a liquor consumption permit, click here

Importation of Liquor

Matters relating to the importation of liquor would fall under the purview of the Singapore Customs. Relevant information is available at:

Replacement Copy of Licence

You can request for a replacement copy of your existing Public Entertainment licence in person at Police Licensing & Regulatory Department.

You will need to pay $11.00 for each new copy.

Types of Application

New and Renew

You may submit a new liquor licence application (Class 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, 4 or Temporary Class 5) or renew your existing liquor licence here.

Amend Licence Details

You may make the following amendments to your existing Liquor licence:

  1. Company name (*Should the UEN change, you will have to apply for a new liquor licence.)
  2. Extend or reduce the premises
  3. Key Appointment Holders
  4. Mailing address

Cancel Licence

You may cancel your existing liquor licence any time before its expiration.

Please note that there will be no refund of the licence fees upon cancellation of the existing liquor licence, as stipulated under the Liquor Control (Supply & Consumption) Act 2015.


You may withdraw your application for any liquor licence at any time before the licence is approved.

If the licence has been approved and issued, you will no longer be able to withdraw it and you will need to make a request to cancel the licence.

Documents Required

You are required to obtain the following documents before applying for any Liquor licence.

  1. Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) certificate
  2. NRIC or FIN (for non-Singaporeans with work permit) of the contact person of applicant (company)
  3. Approval from the land authority:
    • Approval from HDB on the supply of liquor at the premises (for public housing); or
    • Planning permission from URA/SLA on the land use of the premises; or
    • Registry of Societies (ROS) certificate (if applying on behalf of societies); or
    • Hawkers licence issued by NEA (for applying for a beer stall as a hawker)

Processing Time

Approximately 3 weeks from the receipt of the application and if all necessary supporting documents are enclosed (if required). Any incomplete or incorrect submission will be rejected.

You will be notified of the outcome via SMS, email and post. Alternatively, you may login to GoBusiness Licensing to view your application status.

Submission of Application

You will be directed to GoBusiness Licensing webpage, which will require you to sign in using your SingPass

If you require assistance or guidance on the GoBusiness portal, please contact their helpdesk at (+65) 6774 1430 or email

The process may take around 15-20 minutes to complete.


Payment for Notice of Composition

The payment for Notice of Composition may be made online via “link”. Please login using your Singpass and quote the “notice number” (example: IF/2021XXXX/0001) found on the top right corner of the Notice of Composition.

Additional information related to liquor licence.


GoBusiness is the go-to platform for businesses in Singapore to access Government e-services and resources, including applying for a liquor licence.

If you require assistance or guidance on the GoBusiness portal, please contact their helpdesk at (+65) 6774 1430 or email