The Police have arrested a 25-year-old man for his suspected involvement in a case of theft of motorcycle.
On 29 April 2021 at about 6.55am, the Police received a report from a victim informing that his motorcycle was stolen from a multi-storey carpark along Pasir Ris Street 21.
Through investigations and with the aid of images from Police cameras, officers from Bedok Police Division established the identity of the man and arrested him within eight hours of the reported crime.
The man will be charged in court on 30 April 2021 with theft of motor vehicle, punishable, under Section 379A of the Penal Code. The offence carries an imprisonment term of up to seven years, and a fine.
The Police would like to advise all vehicle owners to adopt the following crime prevention measures:
- Park your motorcycle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm system on your motorcycle;
- Use a motorcycle canvas cover to protect the motorcycle and secure both ends;
- Use additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or install a suspension guard;
- Remove the ignition key and lock the motorcycle, whenever it is left unattended; and
- Do not leave spare keys inside the motorcycle storage box.
SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
29 April 2021 @ 10:50 PM