Three male teenagers, aged between 18 and 19, will be charged in court on 21 January 2022 with theft of motor vehicles with common intention under Section 379A read with Section 34 of the Penal Code 1871.
On 19 January 2022, the Police received a report from a car-sharing company that their motorcycles were stolen at the multi-storey carparks along Canberra View and Sembawang Vista.
Through ground enquiries and with the aid of images from Police cameras, officers from Woodlands Police Division established the identities of the teenagers and arrested them within 24 hours of the report. Both motorcycles were also recovered.
The offence of theft of motor vehicles with common intention under Section 379A read with Section 34 of the Penal Code 1871 carries an imprisonment term of up to seven years and a fine.
The Police would like to advise all motorcycle owners to adopt the following crime prevention measures:
- Park your motorcycle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm for your motorcycle;
- Use a motorcycle canvas to cover the motorcycle, securing both ends;
- Use additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or install a suspension guard;
- Remove the ignition key and lock the motorcycle, whenever it is left unattended; and
- Do not leave spare keys inside the motorcycle storage box.
SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
20 January 2022 @ 3:45 PM