The Police have arrested a 47-year-old man for his suspected involvement in a case of theft of motorcycle.
On 4 September 2023 at about 3.15pm, the Police received a report from a victim that his motorcycle parked along Dickson Road was purportedly stolen.
Through ground enquiries and with the aid of images from CCTV and police cameras, officers from Bedok Police Division and Central Police Division established the identity of the man and arrested him within six hours. The stolen motorcycle was subsequently recovered.
The man will be charged in court on 6 September 2023 with the offence of theft of a motor vehicle under Section 379A of the Penal Code 1871. The offence carries an imprisonment term of up to seven years, and a fine.
The Police would like to advise all motorcycle owners to adopt the following crime prevention measures:
- Park your motorcycle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm for your motorcycle;
- Use a motorcycle canvas to cover the motorcycle, securing both ends;
- Use additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or install a suspension guard;
- Remove the ignition key and lock the motorcycle, whenever it is left unattended; and
- Do not leave spare keys inside the motorcycle storage box.
SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
05 September 2023 @ 3:30 PM