INTRODUCTION OF ONLINE APPLICATIONS FOR SINGAPORE QUALIFIED DRIVING LICENCE
With effect from 1 October 2018, the Traffic Police (TP) will introduce online applications for new and replacement Singapore Qualified Driving Licences (QDLs), to provide greater ease and convenience to applicants. With online applications, eligible applicants no longer need to travel to the TP Headquarters or driving centres to submit their applications.
Application of New QDL
2. Singapore citizens, Singapore permanent residents and foreigners1 who have successfully passed the TP practical driving test in any class of driving licence2 will apply for their QDLs online, via the Singapore Police Force e-services portal at http://www.police.gov.sg/e-services or the Police@SG mobile application using their SingPass account. Foreigners who do not have a SingPass account can apply for their QDLs using their Foreign Identification Number (FIN).
3. Successful applicants will receive the QDLs through registered mail within seven working days.
Application for QDL Replacement
4. Singapore citizens and Singapore permanent residents who wish to replace their lost, damaged or defaced QDL will also submit their applications online from 1 October 2018.
5. Foreigners who apply for their QDL replacement will continue to do so in person at the TP Headquarters, for TP to verify that the applicant holds a valid student pass, long-term visit pass or work pass at the point of replacement. TP is working with relevant Government agencies for such verification to be carried out backend through system checks, by the end of next year. When this is implemented, foreigners will also be able to apply for their QDL replacement online.
6. The replacement QDLs will similarly be mailed to successful applicants within seven working days by registered post.
Conversion of Foreign Driving Licence to Singapore QDL
7. Any persons who wish to convert their foreign driving licence to a Singapore QDL will continue to do so in person at the TP service counter in any of the driving centres, as TP will have to verify that the applicant holds a valid foreign driving licence. For foreigners, TP will also verify that the applicant holds a valid student pass, long-term visit pass or work pass.
8. With the introduction of online applications for QDLs, TP will no longer accept over-the-counter applications for new or replacement QDLs, except for the conversion of foreign driving licences and replacement of QDL for foreigners.
9. To facilitate applications for persons who may not have internet access or do not know how to apply online, self-service terminals will be available at all driving centres and the TP Headquarters. Personnel there would be pleased to assist those who do not know how to apply online.
10. For more information , please visit the Singapore Police Force’s website at http://www.police.gov.sg.
Download FAQ :
SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
27 September 2018 @ 11:00 AM